About Vision Hockey Group
Vision Hockey Group is a private hockey firm that is passionate about making hockey players better. VHG strives to create and offer unique programs that not only help players get better on the ice but develop as a person off of it.
With over 30 years of combined coaching experience, co-founders Andrew Pearcey and Jeremy Kavanagh have a vision for a hockey program that focuses on four main objectives while providing high-quality coaching from hand-picked coaches with hockey and educational backgrounds:
- Utilizing technology to enhance learning
- Providing athletes with feedback
- Creating a positive learning environment
- Making work fun!
VHG was created in August, 2020 when former St. John’s U15 AAA Hitmen Assistant Coach Andrew Pearcey approached close friend and former team mate Jeremy Kavanagh about creating a hockey program that centred around smaller class sizes, feedback and teaching. Kavanagh and Pearcey had become close friends after playing together for two seasons in Junior ‘A’ with the Amherst Ramblers, and three seasons with the NL West Coast Senior Hockey League’s Clarenville Caribous.
Kavanagh and Pearcey re-united on the ice in 2016 as coaches with St. John’s, NL-based Xtreme Hockey. While at Xtreme, the duo combined to create the Lakecrest Skills Program, fostered joint ventures with US-based Evolve Hockey (www.esgsports.com) and much more. Pearcey, who had been involved in private hockey since working for his father (Randy) in 1999, meshed well with the energy, positivity and proclivity for defence that Kavy brought to the table.
Vision Hockey Group: Envision your goals and succeed – they’ll do their absolute best to help you get there.
Our Logo and Colours
Pearcey and Kavanagh had some of their most enjoyable hockey seasons while playing for the MHL’s Amherst Ramblers. The Ramblers colours were black, white and purple!
The VHG logo was created with the help of Pearcey’s brother Adam. Andrew had an idea of the logo concept – he wanted a logo that stood out, would look good on a baseball hat, and resembled a baseball or college football logo.
After multiple revisions with Kavanagh and his wife Melissa, the ‘big V’ was born. The two stripes of white on the left side of the V letter were put there to resemble hockey tape, and to signify the connection with Kavanagh and Pearcey – two close friends, two former team mates, and two similar birthdates (Pearcey is exactly 1 year older than Kavanagh, as they share the same birthdate).
“Andrew Pearcey is one of the top skill coaches out there – he’s world-class at what he does!”
Nathan Noel, ECHL
“Jeremy worked with me in the offseason to prepare for training camp. He has tremendous knowledge of the game. Jeremy is very approachable and he is willing to talk about areas of the game you need to work on, and he gives you opportunities to focus on these areas. He also uses many unique equipment and drills to improve your skills. Jeremy takes the time to get to know you as a player both on and off the ice. He has a passion for the game that he passes on to his players. He takes the time to keep in contact with his players to get updates on their progress and successes. He is enthusiastic, supportive and trusting.”
Noah Wilson, MHL
“When I was playing, Andrew was always asking questions and willing to learn to expand his already vast knowledge of the game. He really cares and invests his time to make each and every one of his clients better. Since retiring, we still talk about using new techniques to improve younger players. I would highly recommend!”
Teddy Purcell, Retired NHL Player
“AP gets me ready for the upcoming season. He improves my conditioning and shows me useful things that I can do to improve my game. On-ice training with AP pays off for me and a lot of others”
Liam Leonard, former QMJHL Player
“I want to tell you how great your U18 Female Development Program model is. With such tremendous video quality, your program has been valuable to our recruiting process”
Bernie Pimm, Female Hockey Director of Stanstead College (CDN Prep)
Vision Hockey Group was created to help players maximize their potential on and off the ice.
VHG is a hockey development program that puts a premium on player development. VHG strives to find the best possible coaches, provide as much feedback to players as possible, use technology efficiently, and collaborate with its vast network of friends in the hockey world to create unique experiences for its participants.
Do you have a vision?
Meet The Coaches
Ryan St John
Summer/Christmas Special Guest Staff
Summer Skate Referees
- All players who attend VHG programming are required to wear all necessary hockey equipment. Hockey helmets must be CSA approved.
- VHG is a non-contact, developmental hockey program. VHG does not permit full body contact in any of its programming, and will not offer any checking or contact clinics during the year.
- VHG players must comply with all arena rules and regulations, depending on the arena in which a program is taking place.
- All players and coaches are required to adhere to all provincial guidelines
- Parents who attend programming as spectators must e-mail their proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org before entering the arena
- Players will be asked not to share water bottles during ice sessions
Multiple Child Discounts
VHG offers multiple child discounts to help larger families keep their children active and engaged in hockey. Learn more >
- VHG will offer in-house credit to all players who register for a program but cannot attend due to illness, injury, or schedule conflict with other sports/minor hockey.
- Monetary refunds will be granted in special circumstances that are under the discretion of VHG ownership. Some common examples of special circumstances include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Player A pays for a program upfront but discovers they cannot attend before the program begins.
– Player A gets injured during the term but has paid upfront.
– Player A is severely unsatisfied with VHG programming.
– Player A is in a challenging financial situation.
– Player(s) pay upfront for a program/class that is cancelled by VHG before the program/class begins.